Be apart of something fun!
- Responsible team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Work well under pressure and with large crowds; able to assist visitors in emergency situations in accordance with Museum policies
- Proficient in Word, Excel and internet; accurate cash register and cash handling skills.
- Physical Activity: sitting and standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling,reaching, etc.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Volunteering at the Bayou Country Children’s Museum is extremely rewarding and you help to inspire the potential in every child! Not only are you helping a non-profit in your community, but you get to touch the lives of so many children from the bayou region and beyond! It’s exciting to make a difference and be involved in an environment that promotes the importance of play in learning! After passing a comprehensive background check, we’ll bring you in for an orientation and show you all of the inner workings of the BCCM. We love our volunteers! We’ll work a flexible schedule to meet your needs and you even get a 20% discount in our gift shop!
We are always looking for the exceptional people to become a part of the BCCM team! If you are interested in applying, please submit your completed application via fax: 985-449-9664, by email: email@example.com or drop it off at the front desk.
- Evaluate and conduct a full review of the internal organization and strategic plan; work with the Board and key stakeholders, gaining buy-in to develop and implement potential enhancements to update the company’s strategic plan. Including, but not limited to, staffing and current programs.
- Begin to develop strong and meaningful relationships with all stakeholder groups and evaluate their input and concerns. This includes donors, hospitality industry and local community and business leaders.
- Work closely with the Board to develop and execute the strategic plan for the Museum
- Oversee the daily administrative, operating and programmatic function of the museum as administered by the Director of Operations
- Develop BCCM’s annual operations budget to present to the Board of Directors
- Monitors preparation of monthly financial statements to be delivered to the Board of Director’s monthly
- Attend all monthly Board of Director’s meetings and provide regular updates on the museum’s activities and strategic initiatives
- Develop BCCM’s fundraising strategies to include program and exhibit development, donor contributions and annual fundraising events
- Manage existing, as well as creating new strategic partners to expand the museum’s ability to increase visitation annually
- Represent the BCCM at community and regional events including and especially BCCM events, initiatives and fundraisers
- Give presentations to local and regional organizations to communicate updates, foster relationships
- Research and submit grant requests to parties with giving priorities that match the BCCM’s mission, vision and priorities
- Oversee and evaluate implementation of projects funded by grants
- Maintain and expand brand identity
- Develop and execute annual marketing plan to increase visitation to the museum to include, but not limited to website, email marketing and social media management
- Develop an annual Public Relation/Community Relations workplan to foster stronger community engagement
- Conduct annual performance evaluations with direct report(s)
- Assist the Board in recruiting and interviewing potential new Board members (with Governance Committee)
- Perform related duties as required
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or relevant field or five years’ experience in fundraising
- Knowledge of budget development and management
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to provide leadership
- Experience in supervision with proven ability to recruit, train, and develop staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Proven strategic thinking and stakeholder relations experience
- Proven experience in grant writing
- Proven experience in planning and executing successful marketing campaigns
- Proven experience in soliciting and stewarding donors
- Ability to communicate with the public including BCCM visitors, teachers, parents/caregivers, program donors, community members and media in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be computer literate and work comfortably with Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other products such as QuickBooks;
- Ability to handle emergency situations with professionalism and competence.
- Ability to load, unload and set up materials and equipment (up to 40 pounds). Able to stand for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours).