Be apart of something fun!
- Responsible team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Work well under pressure and with large crowds; able to assist visitors in emergency situations in accordance with Museum policies
- Proficient in Word, Excel and internet; accurate cash register and cash handling skills.
- Physical Activity: sitting and standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling,reaching, etc.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Volunteering at the Bayou Country Children’s Museum is extremely rewarding and you help to inspire the potential in every child! Not only are you helping a non-profit in your community, but you get to touch the lives of so many children from the bayou region and beyond! It’s exciting to make a difference and be involved in an environment that promotes the importance of play in learning! After passing a comprehensive background check, we’ll bring you in for an orientation and show you all of the inner workings of the BCCM. We love our volunteers! We’ll work a flexible schedule to meet your needs and you even get a 20% discount in our gift shop!
We are always looking for the exceptional people to become a part of the BCCM team! Are you interested in becoming a Playologist? Take a look at the part-time Playologist job description to see if you have what it takes! If you are interested in applying, please submit your completed application via fax: 985-449-9664, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the front desk.