Mobile Field Trips
Running low on time? Let the Bayou Country Children’s Museum come to you with our brand new mobile field trip option. With this option, a museum professional will come to your location and lead a hands-on, standards focused workshop. All materials are provided by the museum.
Bookings start as early as 8:30 a.m. and no later than 2:00 p.m.
Pre-K-3rd Grade: 45 minute program
4th Grade-8th Grade: 1 hour program
Engineering & Bridges (pre-K-8th)
What does it take to plan and build bridges? Learn the differences between types of bridges and build your own.
The Power of Solar (2nd-8th)
Did you know that the Sun is full of energy? Learn how solar energy can help generate power.
Laws of Motion (2nd-8th)
How and why do things move. Discover the Laws of Motion through engineering a windmill, catapult, and more.
Learn to program a robot and challenge your classmate in competitions designed to test you problem solving skills.
Deposit & Payment
- There is a $50 nonrefundable deposit due within 14 days of booking.
- If deposit is not received within the allotted time period the booking will be cancelled.
- The final payment is due the day of the trip.
- Cancellation made within 7 days of the field trip date will be required to pay the full amount of the trip to the Bayou Country Children’s Museum.
- Cancellations made prior to 7 days before the field trip date will not be required to pay the remaining balance of their invoice but will not be reimbursed their $50 deposit.
- Cancellations must be made by email to [email protected]
- Itinerary changes made within 2 days of the scheduled date of the program will incur a $25 fee.
- A change in program topic must be made 14 days prior to the scheduled date of the program.
- Program lengths vary with age
- pre-k-3rd Grade: 45 minutes
- 4th Grade-8th Grade: 1 hour
- Set-up/clean-up: please allow 30 minutes prior to and after scheduled.
- Multiple programs: please allow 15 minutes between programs.
- A “class” consists of a maximum of 30 students and 4 adults
- There is a 4 program maximum per day
- Destinations 30 miles away or more require a booking of at least 2 programs